There are three core values purposed:
Radical Discipleship - Jesus Christ is the center of our faith
- We accept Jesus as both Savior and Lord and live in relationship with him
- Accepting Jesus as Savior means we trust him for forgiveness and eternal life
- Accepting Jesus as Lord means following him in daily life
- We interpret the Bible from a Christ-centered point of view
- We move beyond individualism to enter the fellowship of Christ’s church.
- The experience and practice of forgiveness is the means toward community.
- We structure our churches to facilitate community.
- We read and interpret Scriptures in the context of community.
- Christian community models hope for the world.
Active Reconciliation - Reconciliation is the center of our work and witness.
- We call all persons everywhere to be reconciled to God.
- We invite all persons to experience the reconciliation of personal healing.
- We encourage all people to seek reconciliation in personal relationships.
- We work and pray for peace in all areas of conflict and injustice in the world.
- We commit ourselves to live in harmony with God’s creation.
Are these good core values? Should we drop some of them? Are we missing something?