Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Week - Tuesday

Reading: Matthew 26:17-29

Today is passover. For the past number of years my family and I have celebrated the passover. We walk through a Messianic Seder. It is amazing. Every year I learn more about my faith and more about my messiah.

As I read the story of Jesus' last passover with his disciples I noticed how he gives thanks. It is his last night on earth. One of his disciples is about betray him. Another going to deny even knowing him. The rest are going to abandon him. He is going to be tortured and killed. And yet he gives thanks. How different I am.
What things do you have to be thankful for on this passover?

Here is a list of some of things that I am thankful for:
  • Salvation
  • Family
  • Friends
  • A safe place to live
  • A nice place to live
  • my health
  • Freedom to worship
  • Access to the bible
  • nice clothes
  • Great food (and lots of it)
  • my wife
  • my kids
  • a real relationship with God

No comments: