Well if we are going to explore what does it mean to make disciples than we should know what a disciple is. So what is a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple is a person who loves Jesus and wants to follow him (which means that they will love people). Now a lot more couple be said on this whole issue but I am not going to do that right.
So what does it mean to make disciples?
- This is everyone's responsibilty not just the pastors or the leaders
- A willingness to challenge people
- A willingness to encourage people when you see good things
- Praying for people
- A willingness to share our stories about how God has worked in our lives
- Sharing with people what we are learning from the bible
- Studing the bible together
- Praying with each other
- Helping others know and follow Jesus
- Being intentional in our families
- Willingness to talk about our whole lives (not just the safe things)