Here are the 12 main beliefs that early Anabaptists held to.
1) Disciples of Jesus are citizens of the kingdom of peace
2) Citizens of the kingdom of peace must separate themselves from this world
3) The followers of Jesus should live together as a community of equals under Jesus as Lord and master
4) Disciples are stewards, not owners of property
5) The believing community should be governed by the Spirit of God mediated by its servants – the ministers and teachers
6) Disciples are to live by the sword of the Spirit in building the kingdom of peace
7) The Anabaptists read the Bible as a focused rather than a flat canon
8) Menno Simmons believed that the believing community should serve as an exegetical community in interpreting Scripture
9) Menno Simmons believed that the church can best make decisions on the basis of consensus under the guidance of the Holy Spirit
10) Menno Simmons believed that the congregation should fully participate in church governance as part of the Body of Christ
11) Menno Simmons believed that church members should practice sacrificial servanthood rather than seeking privileged status as God’s chosen people
12) Menno Simmons believed that the people of God should be identified by their discipleship, not by doctrine and ideology
Are there any that you agree with? Any that you think are totally crazy?