Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moved in Infinite Love - Part 2

Yesterday I posted a prayer by Soren Kierkegaard. Here are some thoughts I had when I prayed this prayer.
In Soren's prayer he praises God that he does not change.

For I the Lord do not change - Malachi 3:6

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. - Hebrews 13:8

Since God's character does not change I can trust him. Trust him to relate to me out of his love for me and for all. Trust him that in pouring out his grace he will change me until my character reflects that of Jesus (character not personality). I can trust him that he will love the world, even though it can be very ugly. I can trust that my sin breaks his heart. I can trust that God will accomplish that which he started in me. Simply put, I can trust.

No comments: