Friday, March 18, 2011

Re-Born Free - prayer guide

“I have access to God through the Holy Spirit”

“For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.”
Ephesians 2:18

You can come to the creator of the world just as you are, with all your hopes, dreams and fears.

Ask Jesus:
  • Jesus what do you want to say to me today?
  • Jesus what am I afraid of?
  • What are your hopes and dreams for me?
Journal
Jesus revealed to me that I am scared that my best is not really that good. I am scared that I am simply average and there is nothing that special about me. This fear plays it's self out in two ways.
One I am afraid of doing my best. In fact Jesus showed me that I will purposefully sabotage my own work so that I have an excuse why it isn't my best.
Two I protect my image. I create a mask and hesitate to allow people to see the real me. I shy away from exposing my weaknesses for fear that people will just see me as an average person.

Jesus wants to set me free from this fear. You see I believe that lie that my worth comes from what I do. I need to believe that my worth comes from Jesus. Then as Tony Horton says I can "do my best and forget the rest."

No comments: